Let’s say the time has come and you are looking into newborn photography as a way to remember how precious your little one is. Does it feel overwhelming? I know from experience that it can be. I felt the need to help alleviate some of the stress involved with this type of research. Often, when a customer calls me for newborn photography, they have many questions and want to know details. Reference below for some key points that I have put together for those expecting moms and keep scrolling down for some beautiful newborn images to follow!
Key points to remember about newborn photography:
- Book with a newborn photographer 2-3 months in advance because newborn photographers typically get booked up ahead of a customers due date.
- There are many styles of newborn photography to consider, for example; posed newborn photography, naturally posed newborn photography with natural lighting (for example, please look through my portfolio), and in-home- newborn photography aka lifestyle newborn photography. Each of these styles of newborn photography are unique and creative. Make sure to check out a variety of websites to see which style fits your vision.
- Find a newborn photographer who is experienced. You want to make sure your baby is in safe hands with a professional who can provide quality images.
- Contact your photographer within a few days after delivery to schedule a date for the photoshoot. It is best to photograph newborn babies between 7-10 days.
- A newborn photoshoot takes between 2-3 hours.
- Try to feed the baby before the session or right when you arrive.
- Bring any sentimental items like blankets, clothing, bonnets, and headbands if you desire.
- Don’t be embarrassed if your baby is fussy, or makes a mess on the photographer’s blankets! Try to relax and let the photographer take over, they have a lot of experience. A newborn photographer should be very patient and know how to handle these situations.
- Have fun!!
All photos were taken by Touch of Joy Photography